[fedora-arm] Agreed linker path changes still not in Fedora

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 04:54:55 UTC 2012

On 07/18/2012 09:58 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 02:54:10PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> Just a heads up that all the patches are now in Fedora 18 and shortly
>> there will be a mass rebuild of the entire distro as part of F-18 to
>> have the distro completely rebuilt against the linker changes (amongst
>> other things that the mass rebuild is being done for).
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the heads-up, much appreciated.

We do seem to be picking up the new path correctly. However, FYI an
upgrade from F17 to F18 (which we don't really support yet) failed on my
TrimSlice due to the legacy linker path not existing as a symlink. The
program that is executed as a postinstall action for gcc does create
this, so something went awry. Let's keep an eye on that. It's probably
just that I did at the wrong moment :)

Jon.