[fedora-arm] Fedora 17 GA blocker

Steve McIntyre steve.mcintyre at linaro.org
Thu May 17 17:36:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 03:52:49PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Brendan Conoboy <blc at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 05/15/2012 01:05 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> Not a beta blocker, but please make sure we add "new linker path" to the
>>> final requirements before GA. Since we'll have a compat symlink there
>>> will not be any impact to users.
>>

>> What's left to be done on this?  Do we need a glibc update?
>
>My understanding was we needed a new gcc and a new glibc and the two
>relevant maintainers were awaiting the various bits to hit mainline
>and once they did it would be dutifully applied and pushed.

Hi,

gcc [1] and glibc [2] patches have been accepted upstream already so
I'm hoping things should be ready to go soon. Be aware that even with
a compat symlink you're likely to need an extra glibc patch unless you
rebuild the world. [3]

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs?view=revision&revision=186859
[2] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2012-05/msg00050.html
[3] http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/cross-distro/2012-April/000263.html