[fedora-arm] building F18 Kirkwood images

Quentin Armitage quentin at armitage.org.uk
Thu Nov 1 17:21:55 UTC 2012

David,

I'd be very happy to help with building images. I have a Dreamplug
currently running F18 from an old nightly snapshot, which has been fully
updated via yum. I'd happily put F17 on that and have a go at creating
some images, or would it be acceptable to create the images on an F18
system?

I have a USB hard drive available, so that's not a problem. You make
reference to 1Gb of memory, but my Dreamplugs
and Sheevaplugs have 512Mb of memory. Will that be sufficient if there
is enough swap space?

I've never used kickstart files before but am happy to learn.

Would the guys at Seneca College have anything useful to help with this,
since I see that the nightly composes of images started again yesterday?

With best wishes,
Quentin