[fedora-arm] ARM kernel moving forward 3.7+

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 10:10:31 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 03:59 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Looking at post 3.7 I'm already starting to poke around and prep
> things. Similar to x86-32 I'm aiming to basically have an armv7 and an
> armv7-PAE kernel. The PAE kernel will support LPAE and the various
> virt things that are starting to land in the kernel now so it will be
> solely for A15 chipsets. I presume the Exynos5 supports those
> features.

Nitpick: Let's call it LPAE just because it's not Intel's PAE. The
primary A15 target today should be Exynos IMO, while we can build a
Calxeda "highbank" (they're still calling it that upstream, but I
believe they've announced the actual name, though I won't quote it just
in case that isn't the case) A15 kernel once that's upstream. I looked
at the patches Rob posted and it seemed pretty straightforward.

As you know, I'll have A15 hardware soon to poke also.

Jon.