[fedora-arm] Who's using Kirkwood?

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Mon Oct 8 19:11:07 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012 02:53 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
> On 10/08/2012 02:35 PM, Till Maas wrote:
[...]
>> It also includes instructions to update the boot loader and supports
>> installing on USB, SD card and eSATA. The Fedora instructions only
>> mention to dd an image on a SD card on the other hand.
>
> You'll note that it's not Debian directly providing that support or
> information. It's the Debian community and specifically one user.
>
> The same goes for Fedora, because of the man power requirements it is up
> to the community to support re-used consumer appliances like the
> Dockstar/Pogoplug. If you are successful in getting Fedora on your
> Dockstar, we would greatly appreciate a contribution of your experience
> and instructions on the wiki.

I would like to correct one thing here. I make it sound like there is a
distinction between Fedora Proper and the Fedora Community. There isn't
one, there is simple a sliding scale of involvement with the community
project that is Fedora.

I'm merely trying to invite you to become more involved by contributing
the very things you've identified as areas of improvement.

Open Source rocks this way!

--
Scott Sullivan