[fedora-arm] HEADS UP: unplanned koji outage

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 14:34:07 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Just a heads up. While looking at the RAID rebuild which has been
inhibiting us from doing composes as well as slowing builds down
Dennis and I tested stopping various things to see the impact on the
RAID rebuild. It was sitting at around 13,000 minutes when we started.

Killing off the mash/composes running dropped it by half. Shutting off
NFS altogether has cut the rebuild time to around 3 hours.

So we've taken the executive decision to leave NFS disable to let the
rebuild complete. The direct result of this is that while koji is
still available for queries etc new builds won't be able to be
submitted for the duration. We figured the 3 hours would easily be
caught up with the performance being quickly back to normal.

We'll follow up once it's back in approximately 3 hours.