[fedora-arm] Recommendations for a mini monitor

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 13 09:16:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Niels de Vos <devos at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking to hook up a little monitor on one of my Efika Smarttops
> (mx51 SOC) to test the video output and such. It will not display
> anything due to missing drivers, but hopefully it will be able to show
> a console due course. I've seen some Lilliput monitors that would suit
> my purpose, but maybe some of you have experiences that you can share?
> Which little monitor would you suggest for an ARM box with an HDMI
> connector (I not interested in USB versions)?

Thanks for all the suggestions! I really like the idea of a Motorola
Lapdock a lot. But I'm accessing the Smarttop over debugboard+serial
or ssh, so the keyboard will not be used a lot and just take up space.

After some comparing, and I've decided on a 7" monitor [1], as it will
be placed in a cupboard next to my desk. Monitors bigger than 10"
would just not make any sense for my use-case (development/testing and
it may become just a picture frame later).

Cheers,
Niels

[1] http://www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/hdmi/667gl/