[fedora-arm] Fedora on Cubox, getting close. Pointers needed

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 18 15:26:44 UTC 2012

I am trying to get Fedora running on the cubox. I am getting close but
no cigar yet.

Route followed:
- build cubox kernel and initramfs (from cubox git) on Fedora 17 ARM
(VM)
- convert Fedora initramfs img to u-boot uInitrd
- use F18 ARM HFP rootfs (latest nighties)

The resulting kernel boots just fine and it seems initramfs is being
used but it ends with a panic:

Freeing init memory: 192K
dracut: dracut-018-98.git20120813.fc17
udevd[592]: starting version 182
dracut: Starting plymouth daemon
GCouldn't open /dev/ttyS0
GGEXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts:
(null)
dracut: Checking ext4: /dev/mmcblk0p1
dracut: issuing e2fsck -a  /dev/mmcblk0p1
dracut: cuboxf18arm: clean, 98087/1957888 files, 788822/7816704 blocks
dracut: Remounting /dev/mmcblk0p1 with -o rw
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts:
(null)
dracut: Mounted root filesystem /dev/mmcblk0p1
dracut: Switching root
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000100

Any hints on what could cause this? Maybe some potential magic kernel
config options I forgot?

Bootargs I used: console=ttyS0,115200n8 vmalloc=384M rw
root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait

Jurgen