[fedora-arm] Update to Binary Firmware Exceptions

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:41:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 11:11 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>
>> Already aware of it. After all it went via the board for approval first
>> ;-)
>>
>> I was actually working on packaging the firmware this morning so I can
>> build a 3.7 kernel for it in rawhide.
>>
>> Peter
>>
> [...]

The issue is with the bootloader blob. Even with today's announcement
the device wouldn't be useful without the blob. The "first completely
open platform" is a bit misleading with regards to the announcement.
The firmware exception has been in discussion for quite some time so
it's not linked with today's announcement from the RPi foundation.