[fedora-arm] ARM VM on an x86_64 host

Paul Whalen pwhalen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 16:10:51 UTC 2012

> ... and there it sits.  Did I start the VM incorrectly?  If not, is
> this a known issue and is there a set of images I should download to
> make forward progress?  FYI, the host machine is running x86_64 F17.

Hi Jerry, thanks for pointing this out.
This is an issue with qemu, currently the hard coded loaded addresses for the initramfs and
kernel overlap due to the increasing size of our kernel. I am just testing a patch to submit
now. In the interim you may want to use the F17 GA image, there is no overlap.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Versatile_Express

Paul