[fedora-arm] Status of the Raspberry Pi Fedora build???

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Sep 26 16:43:07 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 12:15 PM, Elad Alfassa wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com
>     Seriously why isn't an official build released yet???
>
> I heard that there won't be an official Fedora build of the Raspberry Pi
> remix because the firmware license is not compatible with the Fedora
> firmware guidelines.

Elad, the point of the "Remixes" is about including things that Fedora
Proper can't. So this rant is about the official Fedora _Remix_ release
instead of a official _Fedora_ release.

Now, the Release Candidates are publicly available, but their not
blatantly obvious to find.

If you do a Google search you'll find the Fedora Remix page at Seneca as
the third link. The Raspberry Pi forums our out pacing us here.

http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Fedora_Remix

 From here if you haven't suffered link fatigue already, you will when
you have to jump through three more just to get to the download page for
the RCs.

1) http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/Raspberry_Pi_Fedora_Remix_17
2)
http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/raspberrypi/test-releases/raspberrypi-fedora-remix-17/
3)
http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/raspberrypi/test-releases/raspberrypi-fedora-remix-17/latest/

The state of the wiki page also doesn't lend much visual support to the
fact that this is the _Recommend_ release of Fedora for the Raspberry Pi.

I would suggest that we put on a dedicated domain with the Download link
right up front.

--
Scott Sullivan