[fedora-arm] Fedora ARM Status Meeting 2013-12-04

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 19:11:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Pavel Zhukov <pzhukov at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi list(s),
>
> We still doesn't have gnat compiler for %{arm} in Fedora. We (Ada community)
> have compiled gcc with ada support using gcc-4.8.2 src.rpm  and tested in.
> It seems workable. At least we were able to compile most of the
> packages from the stack with it.
> I'd like to discuss way how to get it in Fedora (chicken-egg problem
> should be solved).

That's relatively straight forward. We need a documented process to
get it done. Once we have that I can sort it out with rel-eng but we
would need the gcc maintainer to review/approve it.

Generally what happens is that it would be built (or imported) into a
side tag build. I suspect it'll be using something like a cross
compiled version of ada which is then used to compile a native built
version of ada which is then tagged into rawhide at which point the
rest of the ada stack would be rebuilt.

Ultimately it should be straight forward and easy to complete once we
have the documented process.