[fedora-arm] uboot with hyp mode support now available for the cubietruck

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 14:16:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

<snip>

> I was reading Peter Robinson's blog today[1] and he mentioned getting
> AllWinner support, in Fedora 21.  Is that a realistic plan -- (from my
> point of view) at least headless virt support for the Cubietruck in
> F21?  I'm not too clear on how all these patches are going upstream,
> if at all.

I'm currently spending a significant part of my spare time doing
upstream sunxi kernel work.

The biggest missing piece currently is a set of patches to the sunxi-clk
driver which adds support for all the pll-s and gates needed by other
blocks. This was actually meant to go upstream for 3.13, but the clk
subsys maintainer did not have time to review it for 3.13, it should go
into 3.14.

With the clk stuff in place, it is mostly a case of simply adding a few
small drivers and/or bits of glue code.

I've already discussed carrying patches for the sunxi stuff in the Fedora
kernels for any necessary bits not yet upstream with Peter, and he is ok
with this, I still need to discuss this with the Fedora kernel team and
create an F-21 feature page for sunxi support, but having sunxi support
in F-12 ootb is definitively my plan.

Note the above only talks about the kernel. I don't know yet how to deal
with u-boot. The current sunxi u-boot branch follows upstream closely.
I need to discuss with the sunxi u-boot maintainer what the plans for
upstreaming sunxi u-boot support are.

We will likely end up carrying a separate u-boot-sunxi package for now,
I believe that has been done for other machines too, Peter ?

Regards,

Hans