[fedora-arm] Hardware list - Re: Fedora 20 for Raspberry Pi????

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Dec 24 04:42:44 UTC 2013

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 04:24:42PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Is there a hardware list of arm v7 systems that people have gotten
>> fedora on?  I did a quick search, but I've rarely been good a
>> effective searches...
> This is the list of what is supported by Fedora:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM
>
> Remixes are covered here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F19/Remixes
>
> But if you mean what ARM hardware has anyone ever tried to run Fedora
> on and maybe got something working by hacking around, I don't think
> that exists.
>
> Rich.

Don't put too much faith in that list of supported hardware. For
example, right now it says the BeagleBone Black is a supported device,
and yet the Fedora 20 distribution is currently unusable on one of these
boards, due to a kernel oops problem. The betas were OK, and hopefully
the issue will soon be fixed, but the standard distribution will just
make you sad.

When most people seem the term "supported" they expect the stuff has
been checked out reasonably well, and most things are known to work OK.
In the context of ARM Fedora it seems to mean that at least one person
is working with the platform, even if its still very much a work in
progress.

Regards,
Steve