[fedora-arm] Kernel-kirkwood 3.7.6-201 failing to boot

Paul Whalen pwhalen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 18:49:51 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> I have installed kernel-kirkwood-3.7.6-201.armv5tel on three
> Dreamplugs, and none of them will boot, although they successfully
> boot 3.7.5-201.
>
> The last messages on the console during the boot process are:
>

> Starting kernel ...
>
> Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

Is your boot partition EXT or VFAT?
Using a GuruPlug Server Plus I have seen that when using some kernels
as well. Oddly some will boot from VFAT '/boot' only, while others will
boot from EXT. They are loaded fine in each case, and only seem to fail
when booting (no other output is given).
I now use a VFAT partition for '/boot' and have not had an issue since.

Paul