[fedora-arm] TrimSlice seems very slow with F18

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 13:02:19 UTC 2013

What it says.  I'm doing builds over NFS, which used to work just fine.
But I am seeing occasional huge delays and in general very slow performance.

There was a bug in the past where the Ethernet powered down, and another
where the CPU went into sleep mode to often and took too long to come out
of it.  I may be misremembering al of this.

I do notice that TrimSlice runs much cooler than it used to.  I wonder
if there's some CPU frequency scaling going on.

But it's so hard for me to figure out if anything is really wrong, it
just feels awful.  Any ideas?

Andrew.