[fedora-arm] BeagleBone original

Jason Kridner jkridner at beagleboard.org
Wed May 1 14:09:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM, William Henry <whenry at redhat.com> wrote:

> Mine died. I put in for a RMA but have heard nothing back.

Can you forward a copy of the e-mail you sent to the RMA team and when you
sent it?

> It looks like it might have messed up any flash memory it might have. I.e
> it seems to load the BIOS, cause I can get a terminal open on it,

There is no BIOS, only ROM that you can't touch.  I boots directly off of
the uSD card.

> but it won't boot - so maybe a driver for the SD card is corrupt or
> something?  I even re-imaged the SD card and also tried a Fedora image on a
> separate card. Won't boot.

Without *physical* damage, as long as the SD card is written properly,
it'll boot.  Are you sure you decompressed the SD card image you were
writing?  I suspect you likely had some issue writing the SD card.