[fedora-arm] Running autoreconf for aarch64 support, why ?

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Mon May 6 17:37:33 UTC 2013

On 05/04/2013 12:19 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hmm, I can clearly remember rpmbuild doing the same thing in the
> past (way back in the past I must admit). But given that this is clearly
> a way better fix then modifying a gazillion packages, I'm glad we've it
> back!

Yes, evidently this feature was around a long time ago but was turned
off for some number of years.

> That does mean I've likely done the work on the 22 packages where I've
> already added autoreconf calls for nothing, ah well. I guess it is best
> to probably revert the changes there ?

Not exactly- it would be preferable if all packagers ran autoreconf as a
matter of course.  This will ensure future changes to autoconf are
picked up, even when building without redhat-rpm-config installed.

> Are there any cases where this is expected to not be fixed by the
> new redhat-rpm-config ?

Anywhere that %configure isn't used will still need to be updated.  It's
a much smaller list!

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com