[fedora-arm] Issues to solve before F19 ARM GA

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Wed May 29 17:20:55 UTC 2013

On 05/25/2013 10:15 PM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> General image issues:
>   o LVM console spam on first boot
>   o The initial-setup does not appear to run

Paul is looking into these.  If anybody else is investigating either
please let him know.

>   o Restorecon runs on first boot- can we avoid this?

After a discussion with others it appears we could avoid this by running
restorecon in %post, or otherwise having the image generation tools run
restorecon for us.  We would be doing a service to end users' sd write
cycles by doing so.  Dennis?

> Versatile express:
>   o No u-boot - would be nice to have for virt integration
>   o No boot-vexpress script or pre-extracted kernels - was in F18.

No update here.  We are building a uboot for versatile express, but it
does not appear to function.

>   o No graphics support - regression since F18 (Kernel 3.6)

Kyle is looking into this and may have an update next week.

> TI Boards in general:
>   o Images, as distributed, need manual steps to be made bootable.
>   o An easy script to handle the manual steps is not yet available.
>   o Supplied vfat partition possibly badly formed.

Some have suggested using fossjon's livemedia-modifier script.  Can
somebody comment here?

>   o No graphics - regression since F18 (Kernel 3.6)

Jon is looking into this for Panda only.  He should have an update later
today.

> OMAP3 (Beagle boards):
>   o The supplied uboot does not load boot.scr.

This is for Dennis.

>   o The supplied kernel fails to boot.

Nobody is looking at this that I am aware of.

> AM335x (Beagle bone boards):
>   o Missing kernel support - this is probably an F19 remix or F20 feature.

Let's forget about this for F19, the kernel just isn't ready.

> Tegra2 (Trimslice, specifically)
>   o SSD support is unreliable due to evident hardware bug.

This might be addressable by "hdparm -a 32".  Or, less likely, tweaking
/sys/block/sda/queue/read_ahead_kb.  Would somebody with a trimslice-pro
try this out and confirm?

>   o X, though functional, is not stable.

Nobody is looking at this that I am aware of.

> Anaconda installs:
>   o a-b-c needs to be run manually in %post

I'll look into this.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com