[fedora-arm] Marsboard support

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 13:40:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

> I have found an cheap nice board what is very similar to the Olimex
> Olinuxino A10/A20 board, and it's contains also Mali400 chip - it's called
> Marsboard (www.marsboard.com). The point that made me thinking is the prize,
> what is less then the Olimex one. Free worldwide shipping is total 65 bucks,
> what is interesting. But I don't know that is any Fedora support for it?
>
> Yes, I have seen on the website that capable to run Fedora (possibly 19, I
> think) but not sure. More information? This is known board? Problems with
> it? Or better to vote for Olimex?

>From the Fedora PoV we can't currently support any AllWinner chip
directly due to lack of upstream kernel support. That said Hans has a
remix that supports 30 odd AllWinner devices so if his remix doesn't
currently support the MarsBoard it should be a straight forward
process to do so. Check the mailing list archives for details of where
to get it and what devices it currently supports.