[fedora-arm] Mele A1000G Quad (AllWinner A31 quad core Cortex-A7)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Nov 24 13:22:46 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 12:35:52PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Alternatively, and likely a better path, esp. given that you want to
> do virt on it, you could try to get the upstream kernel running on it.
>
> The first step would be to find a u-boot which support sd-card boot
> on the A31, and I don't know if someone already has that working.
>
> The upstream kernel does have rudimentary A31 support, and as A10 /
> A20 support gets enhanced, A31 support should more or less grow in
> sync, since they mostly use the same ip blocks. This does require
> someone to write the necessary devicetree bits for A31. Some of
> the linux-sunxi devs do have A31 boards (I don't). So I would expect
> them to write such device tree support.

Yes, definitely upstream is the better choice for our requirements
(getting KVM going).

I spent a good deal of time yesterday trying to run the upstream,
sunxi-next, sunxi-next-a20-smp and sunxi-devel kernels on the
Cubietruck (A20).  The kernels all compile OK, but I had no success
booting any of them.  It seems to hang very early on, before even
uncompressing the kernel.

Does anyone have a working boot.cmd for the Cubietruck with an
upstream kernel?  Or even a description of the process of booting?

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v