[fedora-arm] F20 Beta-5 on BeagleBone Black

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Thu Nov 28 21:09:03 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 09:43:12PM +0100, Geert Jansen wrote:

> At first I thought I had the same problem, but then I noticed 2 things:
>
>  - The LEDs don't work on Fedora (they do on Angstrom). But the kernel does
> boot.

FWIW: they do also work with Debian that I'm running now (just for
several performance and application tests, I still want to move to
Fedora asap...).

>  - It takes at least 20 seconds or so before the kernel spits out any
> output.
>
> Do you have the USB to serial adapter connected? What is the last output
> you see?

I did not have anything connected except RJ45 (I read somewhere USB
doesn't work with Fedora, so USB does work for a serial console?),
I only looked at my DHCP server log to see if the BB asked for an address.

I also got several comments about anaconda or other scripts waiting for
input (I expected the image to be ready-to-use, is this not true)?

Tomorrow I will give it another try with a serial monitor connected
using an USB-to-serial cable.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>