[fedora-arm] F20 Beta-5 on BeagleBone Black (solved/update)

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Fri Nov 29 14:04:02 UTC 2013

Hi all,

OK, thanks to all the tips and tricks from yesterday in my previous thread,
I got F20 Beta-5 up and running on a microSD on the BBB, completely headless,
with only a network cable.  Some comments:

-  All the boot troubles were probably related to my attempts to push the
   boot button and expecting LEDs to turn on, not waiting long enough, etc.
   I see the instructions are adapted in the meantime.

-  The lines in the FAQ about deleting systemd service links can be removed,
   as they do not apply anymore for the F20 Beta-5 image and are confusing.

-  Just as a side note: I did not do the last 3 commands in the FAQ, but
   editted /etc/shadow on the image and copied an encrypted password that
   I know into the root entry.  This might be easier for others too.

-  After booting, I resized mmcblk0p3 with fdisk, rebooted, and used
   resize2fs to resize the fs.

Now one remaining question: is there a repository I can use for adding
packages now or should I wait till F20 final is released?  I want to do
some experiments for applications I have in mind, for which I need to
add several packages (and their dependencies.

Thanks again for all help.  I'll contnue experimenting with it.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>