[fedora-arm] 32 bit vs 64 bit for Elliptic Curves

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 7 02:50:16 UTC 2014

There is extensive discussion on the IRTF's crypto list on choosing the
next Elliptic Curve algorithm  EC25419 may be leading in the discussions.

But the interest here is dealing with lots of ECC calculations on a
server that is running an SMTP MTA using STARTTLS and DANE a lot. In
such a case, being able to do lots of EC calcs is important. This gets
us to comparing the armv7 to the armv8.  I have been told that the armv8
is 64bits, so...

Is there support for armv8 systems with F21 and of course are there
affordable armv8 cards?  Or am I getting too ahead of the curve?  ;)