[fedora-arm] 32 bit vs 64 bit for Elliptic Curves

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 18:17:23 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> The applied micro one is about the same price but I'm too lazy to find
> the link. People on the Fedora ARM channel have purchased them too.
> They're still not widely available in that you can't get them from the
> corner store.

The Applied Micro one is $5K, and you have to apply for approval to
buy that one too.

I don't expect "widely available" to mean "get them from the corner
store".  I do expect it to mean that I don't have to apply for special
permission to buy it.  If it's "widely available", I just give them my
address and credit card number, don't sign any other agreement, and it
shows within a week or two, and they don't care whether I use it for
software development, a doorstop, or target practice.

Anyhow, it looks like "widely available" meeting my criteria should
happen before the end of the year.