[fedora-arm] vncserver on F20 working sometimes

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Aug 14 14:14:25 UTC 2014

On 08/14/2014 09:51 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:43:07 -0400
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

>>> or, more targeted, a:
>>> 	/tmp/.X11-unix/
>>> as tmpfs
>> So please help me a bit here with fstab, as I have hosed them a time
>> or two....
>>
>> tmpfs                   /tmp/.X11-unix                tmpfs
>> defaults        0 0
>>
>> And how to I switch over?  Boot will take care of it?
> we switch off /tmp on tmpfs when making the images

You are speaking F21, not the F20 remix provided by lkundrak?

I noticed on my F21 SDcard, which is what is next. First I am going to
straighten out my F20 boot.

> echo "Disabling tmpfs for /tmp."
> systemctl mask tmp.mount
>
> im assuming if you just ran
> systemctl unmask tmp.mount
>
> that /tmp on tmpfs will be reenabled

You are giving me more credit on knowing this stuff than I do.  I don't
know the [un]mask command for systemctl, and I don't get what you are
doing here.  I am assuming that this is determining where /tmp is, on
physical drive or part of the tmpfs?  And you don't edit /etc/fstab?