[fedora-arm] Each boot on my Cubietruck, and different MACaddr

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Oct 14 19:05:54 UTC 2014

Just an update on this.  I am building a mailserver on Cubietruck.

I am using RedSleeve6, using the F19 uboot and device and module files:

http://cdn.opensxce.org/redsleeve/el6/cubieboard2/README

About the only thing not working as I wish is the ethernet that gets a
new MACaddr at each boot.  Right now I am at eth3, as each boot, another
entry is made to:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

with the new MACaddr and the next ethn name.  I see the message at boot
that eth0 cannot be found, but fortunately my

Gets applied to the current name and I get the MACaddr I want and thus
the IPv6 suffix of choice (to go with the RA prefix).

I will be putting this server into production next week; switching even
my dozen users over to a new server (and POP/IMAP software!) will be a
bit challenging.

Then, perhaps, I can get back to F21 testing.  And save the Samba server
conversion for later.