[fedora-arm] A 64 bit ARMv8 Android tablet arrives ...

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 07:56:55 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 08:39:03AM +0100, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
> The Non-US version of the Samsung Glaxy Note4 is powered by the
> Exynos7, which is an Octa Core A57/A53 in big.LITTLE config. There are
> patches online to enable all 8 cores, but I don't have the link to
> hand. This may not be as hackable as the Nexus9, the fact that it is
> Exynos may be an issue for some, the fact that the GPU is Mali is also
> an issue for some, and obviously the price difference is also an issue
> for some. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it does provide another
> option.

That's interesting -- I seem to have missed this when it was announced.

I have mixed feelings about big.LITTLE based on my experience with the
(older, 32 bit) 5410.  Linux still doesn't appear to have learned how
to drive the cores directly without the "switcher" (I have not tried
any non-upstream patches however).  OTOH it's very very fast indeed,
by far the fastest 32 bit ARM I have used.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v