[fedora-arm] u-boot 2014.10 GA on it's way to F-21

Adam Goode adam at spicenitz.org
Tue Oct 28 00:37:37 UTC 2014

This is still present with -3. It looks like this version of U-Boot is
not capable of booting from the internal eMMC on beaglebone black.

U-Boot SPL 2014.10-g4647503-dirty (Oct 24 2014 - 16:47:41)
omap_hsmmc_send_cmd: timedout waiting on cmd inhibit to clear
spl: mmc init failed: err - -19
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

I found at least another thread about this issue, from version 2014.07:
https://www.mail-archive.com/meta-ti@yoctoproject.org/msg04279.html

Adam

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> Hopefully I did something wrong, but it's not working at all for me on
>> the beaglebone black:
>>
>> Here is what I get when I try to boot from eMMC:
>>
>> U-Boot SPL 2014.10-gc4b8756-dirty (Oct 15 2014 - 08:57:04)
>> omap_hsmmc_send_cmd: timedout waiting on cmd inhibit to clear
>> spl: mmc init failed: err - -19
>> ### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###
>>

>> Here is what I get when I make a new SD card from the latest minimal image:
>>

>> U-Boot 2014.10-gc4b8756-dirty (Oct 15 2014 - 08:57:04)
>>
>>        Watchdog enabled
>> I2C:   ready
>> DRAM:  512 MiB
>> NAND:  0 MiB
>> MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
>> *** Error - No Valid Environment Area found
>> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
>>
>> Net:   <ethaddr> not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
>> cpsw, usb_ether
>> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
>> switch to partitions #0, OK
>> mmc0 is current device
>> Scanning mmc 0:2...
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
>> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
>> Card did not respond to voltage select!
>> Booting from nand ...
>>
>> no devices available
>>
>> no devices available
>> Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!
>>

>> When I am in the uboot command processor, I cannot select the internal
>> eMMC at all:
>>
>> U-Boot# mmc dev 1
>> Card did not respond to voltage select!
>>

>> Previously, I was booting with no problems from either eMMC or SD with F21.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Adam
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 6:34 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Just a heads up that the u-boot 2014.10 GA is on it's way to Fedora 21.
>>>
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/uboot-tools-2014.10-1.fc21
>>>
>>> This release contains numerous fixes and improvements over the
>>> currently shipping release including, but by no means limited to:
>>> * Upstream generic distro support (huge thanks to Dennis Gilmore and
>>> Steven Warren for their tireless work to get this upstream
>>> * AllWinner suppport for A10*/A13/A20 devices (huge thanks to Hans for
>>> this tireless work on this)
>>> * Numerous other improvements too long to name.
>>>
>>> New devices that we now enable in this release, in no particular order, include:

>>> A10-OLinuXino-Lime
>>> A10s-OLinuXino-M
>>> A13-OLinuXino
>>> A13-OLinuXinoM