[fedora-arm] CubieTruck - Wifi

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Aug 7 08:46:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 07-08-15 02:22, Clive Messer wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-08-06 at 20:19 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> When dropping the right nvram file into place, and adding this:
>>
>> https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commit/08c7babbb4bd0f9521a6
>> 713799a84349cb9dac92
>>
>> patch to the kernel the cubietruck wifi should work reliable.
>>
>> Although this patch fixes things, and is safe, we may end
>> up with a slightly different fix upstream, that is currently
>> being discussed.
>
> Perhaps a different "fix" would be preferable. ;) That patch results in
> issues with sdcard access....

I've been running with that fix for a while now and I'm seeing no
such issues.

Moreover all that fix does is wait for a certain bit in a register
to change value (if it is not at the desired value already), so
all it does is delay some mmc command, it does not write to the
controller, nor change commands in any other way.

So I do not believe that the errors you are seeing are
related to that fix.

> [   67.063958] mmcblk0: error -5 sending status command, retrying[
>   67.069848] mmcblk0: error -5 sending status command, retrying[
>   67.075721] mmcblk0: error -5 sending status command, aborting[
>   67.081600] blk_update_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 2270354[
>     67.088156] Buffer I/O error on dev mmcblk0p3, logical block 33550,
> lost async page write
>
> Regards
>
> Clive

Regards,