[fedora-arm] Can I update Uboot painlessly

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:18:08 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 4:01 AM, mo.ucina <mo.ucina at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> A quick question from me , can I update my fc21 installation on a banana-pi
> , to use the latest uboot ? I have a fc21 production server based on
> banana-pi , and was wandering is there an update path/method to get the
> latest and greatest uboot into my machine without any pain . The server runs
> 24/7 but could tolerate a little down time .

You can just dd out the appropriate u-boot from a running device with
the command below and then just reboot. You can grab newer Fedora
u-boot builds from koji [1] to use those.

sudo dd if=/usr/share/uboot/$TARGET/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin
of=$MEDIA bs=1024 seek=8; sync

There's work being done on some utilities to make this easier to do.

Peter

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=10432