[fedora-arm] Fedora 21 on BeagleBoard-xM Rev C

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Sun Mar 1 05:12:17 UTC 2015

On Saturday, February 28 2015, Scott M. Jones wrote:

> I'm booting F21 LXDE successfully on Beagleboard xM rev B.  Different
> DTB but the rest should be the same.  Comparing mine to yours you may be
>
> More info here including my uEnv.txt:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2015-January/008901.html

Thanks for the reply, Scott.  Actually, your post was one of the first
ones I saw, and apparently I should have paid more attention to it :-).

Well, I don't think the problem is loading the Linux kernel at the wrong
address, but rather using the wrong dtb file.  I was using
omap3-beagle-xm.dtb, but when I replaced that by omap3-beagle-xm-ab.dtb,
at least I got the kernel to boot.  I am not really sure the -ab version
fully works with rev C, but that's the best I've gotten now, apparently.

*However*, that did not really solve everything for me, because now I am
seeing errors during the boot, and I can't get the boot to complete.
Here's the full log:

  <http://fpaste.org/191874/51860941/>

The real problem is getting the root right here, I think (although I
also don't think the error messages are good too).  I check the UUID of
the partition and it's all good; I also tried using the LABEL=_/ value
in the root= parameter, but it didn't work also.

Ideas here?  Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36