badges Some whose triggers don't seem to work for me

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 20:21:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:47:53PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I love the Fedora Badges system!

Hi Tim!  I'm glad you like it!  :)

> While collecting badges I noticed a couple of badges whose criteria I
> think I've satisfied but which I haven't been awarded. I've waited a
> week or two in case there was a regular check performed for them.
>
> One is the Curious Penguin (Ask Fedora I), and I think the problem might
> be that I signed up to the Ask Fedora site before Open ID was added to
> it. I use Open ID to log into it now though:
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/users/114/tim-waugh/

Yeah, in this case your ask fedora username has to match your FAS
name.  We don't yet have a way to retroactively link the two.

I think that ask fedora lets you change it -- try poking around your
profile there.

> The other is Master Tagger (Tagger IV). It says "Voted on 1000 tags for
> packages in Fedora Tagger", but the criteria seems to actually refer to
> voting on or adding tags. My "score" in the tagger app is 1451, so I
> would have thought I'd be over 1000 just for votes in any case.

This one has misled a couple other people too.  You 'score' on
fedora-tagger is somewhat complex.  I think you get 2 or 3 points for
adding a new tag and only 1 point for upvoting a tag.  You therefore
might have a score over 1000 while still only having voted on less
than that threshold.

Someone added a patch recently that will show exactly how many
votes you have to your little profile widget on tagger to help dispel
this confusion, but it hasn't been pushed to production yet.
Apologies!

Cheers!
-Ralph