[Fedora-Bangladesh] Want to use windows key to bring up KDE menu

mak mahayalamkhan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 09:33:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf <zombiegenerator at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can I use the windows key to bring up KDE menu? Any help?

*Found on some forum:*

This the way to setup the Winkey:
1. K menu > Control Center.
2. Regional & Accessibility > Keyboard Layout > Xkb Options
3. Check the boxes next to “Enable xkb options”, “Third Level Choosers”&
“Press any of the Winkeys to choose 3rd level”
4. Press Apply.
5. Regional & Accessibility > Keyboard Shortcuts > Global Shortcuts
6. Scroll down to Panel > Popup Launch Menu
7. Choose Custom & then press the Win key. When you do, it will labeled
ISO_Level3_Shift.
8. Press Apply & close the Control Center.
9. Try the damn Winkeys