[Fedora-Bangladesh] Problem while running Penumbra Overture

Junayeed Ahnaf zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 02:56:58 UTC 2010

Hello,

I was trying to run Penumbra Overture and getting this error:

[Nirjhor at localhost PenumbraEp1]$ ./penumbra ulimit -c unlimited
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: No such file or directory
./penumbra: line 9: 17309 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./penumbra.bin
"$@"
Penumbra exited unexpectedly, please check
/home/Nirjhor/.frictionalgames/Penumbra Overture/Episode1/hpl.log
for any error messages
Also try running
ulimit -c unlimited
And re-running Penumbra and try and recreate the error
then submit the generated core file or stack trace

This is the hpl.log:

-------- THE HPL ENGINE LOG ------------

Creating Engine Modules
 Creating graphics module
 Creating system module
 Creating resource module
 Creating input module
 Creating sound module
 Creating physics module
 Creating ai module
 Creating scene module

Initializing Resources Module
 Creating resource managers
 Misc Creation

Initializing Graphics Module
 Init low level graphics
 Setting video mode: 800 x 600 - 32 bpp
 Init Glee...OK
 Setting up OpenGL
  Max texture image units: 32
  Max texture coord units: 8
  Two sided stencil: 1
  Vertex Buffer Object: 1
  Anisotropic filtering: 1
  Max Anisotropic degree: 16
  Multisampling: 1
  Vertex Program: 1
  Fragment Program: 1
  NV Register Combiners: 1
  NV Register Combiners Stages: 8
  ATI Fragment Shader: 0
 Creating graphic systems
  Creating Renderer2D
  Renderer2D created
  Creating Renderer3D
   Load Renderer3D gpu programs:
    Extrude
    Diffuse
    Fog
   Creating fog textures: Solid Additive Alpha
   init sky box
  Renderer3D created
 Creating screen buffers size 800.000000 : 600.000000
 Creating programs
  RendererPostEffects created
 Adding engine materials

Initializing Sound Module
 Initializing OpenAL.
  Trying to open audio device...

I believe it's with sound. Any help on how to fix it?
--
I am me, I wanna be me. Like me or not, this is the way I am-

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
Linux Mint Bangladesh
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/nirjhor
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/nirjhor