Packaging Hadoop in the Fedora community

Matthew Farrellee matt at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 12:40:10 UTC 2013

Hello Big Data SIG!

A few of us in the Fedora community have been working to package Apache
Hadoop for Fedora. The feature page is,

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Hadoop

You'll find what we plan to package, our progress working through all
the dependencies, a process for how we're attacking dependencies and a
pre-Fedora repo of the packages in progress.

It's a big effort, but will form a foundation for packaging more Hadoop
ecosystem packages for Fedora.

We're at a point where we need a better place to engage the community
and the Big Data SIG is a natural choice. I hope you will welcome us to
the list and IRC, and maybe lend a hand!