Mock 0.8.x available

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Thu Nov 15 17:31:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:42:09PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've been working on fixing Plague 0.4.4.1 (and Plague in cvs) for Fedora
> 8 (and 7). The following test package works for me so far:
>
>   http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/plague/plague-0.4.4.1-5.fc8.20071114.src.rpm
>
> For those, who test the cvs version of Plague 0.5.0 (tickets in bugzilla
> say so), there are at least two patches necessary to make it work on
> F7+F8 and with mock >= 0.8:
>
>   http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/plague-0.5.0-fedora8.patch
>   http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/plague-cvs-mock-0.8.patch

Do we need to have a more-stable interface between mock and plague?

I set up plague sometime in the distant, distant past and actually
hacked on it a bit. From what I remember, it had to read the state file
because the old version of mock could sometimes exit before it had
dropped the init state, or that mock could exit too quickly in the build
state. (I dont remember all the details...)

I think I have resolved most of those issues with mock 0.8.x. You should
be able to rely on the mock return code at least to tell you if it
succeeded or failed.

Using the mock plugin interface, we could probably very easily write a
plague interface that is stable if you need more information about state
changes. That would be much more sustainable and reliable than parsing
stdout.
--
Michael