A few Pungi questions

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Fri Nov 23 18:07:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> > * Is it still required that %packages is at the end of the KS file?
> >

> "The end" here is relative. %pre and %post can come after %packages still, it
> is merely that all the other statements, such as partitioning and
> install/upgrade or text/graphical, etc... are in the beginning.
>
> Maybe a better way to put it is to imagine the kickstart split in two
> sections: one must come first and holds all the answers to the different
> stages of the installation process, the other -that must be last- holds %pre,
> %post and %packages.

Thanks, seems consistent with my experience as well.

> > * Why is "mouse" not allowed any longer?
> >

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'mouse'.

A "mouse" item was earlier allowed. See for example
http://wideopen.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-6.1-Manual/ref-guide/s1-kickstart-file.html:

"To define the type of mouse your system has, you must use the mouse
keyword. "

Regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer