Respinning cause both the old and new versions of NM to be included.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Jun 17 05:04:42 UTC 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     After last night's updates, we now get the original version of
> NetworkManager as well as the new one.  I can't see what's pulling the old
> one in.  At first, I thought it had something to do with the fact that the
> i386 version of NM was missing from the x86_64 repo, but the problem occurs
> even in pure i386.
>
>          TIA.

      I found a workaround.  By adding
--excludepkgs=Networkmanager,NetworkManager-glib* to the repo lines for
fedora and fedora-updates, and putting the new NetworkManager stuff in the
local repo, I'm now getting only the new version.  This also fixes the
missing i386 version in the x86_64 spinn.

           Hope this helps someone.

--
           Bill in Denver