problems of running koji on CentOS with EPEL packages

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 16:42:05 UTC 2009

陈鲍孜 wrote:
> Thanks,
> I think there may be something wrong configuring the "host", because
> when I tried the command "/usr/sbin/kojid -f" to see what happened, it
> showed information such as below:
>
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>         File "/usr/sbin/kojid", line 2732, in ?
>             main()
>         File "/usr/sbin/kojid", line 68, in main
>             tm = TaskManager()
>         File "/usr/sbin/kojid", line 532, in __init__
>             self.host_id = session.host.getID()
>         File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/koji/__init__.py" line
> 1133, in __call__
>             return self.__func(self.__name, args, opts)
>         File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/koji/__init__.py" line
> 1380, in _callMethod
>             raise err
>     koji.AuthError: No host specified

This is happening because kojid is authenticating as a user that is not
associated with a build host (or perhaps not authenticating at all). You
can't run kojid as a regular user (or anonymously). The hub is trying to
determine which host is calling the function and is not finding one.
Certain calls can only be executed by build hosts.

When you created the host entry (koji add-host ...), an associated user
was created with the same name. This is the user that kojid should
authenticate as.

And just to clarify, the users I'm talking about are the ones internal
to koji, not the system users.