Private Koji instance with private SCM: Make sources? Private lookaside?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Dec 4 19:08:42 UTC 2010

I have have used Git for my RPM sources, patches, specs, etc. for some
time and have just recently installed Koji.  I am able to build from
SRPM (since I'm the admin), but I'd like to connect my Koji instance to
the git scm.

I am currently using the following in kojid.conf:

allowed_scms=messinet.com:/rpms/*:no pkgs.fedoraproject.org:/*:no

When I do this, koji/mock successfully gets the patches and spec file,
but the "Make sources" command doesn't get any of the tar.gz sources.

1) What is the output of the Make sources command (what does it do)?
2) How do I specify a private lookaside cache, similar to what is used
in Fedora?
3) If there is no way to specify a place to get the source tar.gz files,
and I were to create a custom command (rather than Make sources), can I
simply tell it to curl/wget the sources?

Thank you for your help. -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E