Private Koji instance with private SCM: Make sources? Private lookaside?

Steve Traylen steve.traylen at cern.ch
Sat Dec 4 21:47:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com> wrote:
> On 12/04/2010 01:50 PM, Steve Traylen wrote:
>> The end result of make sources is that the tar ball must be there, so
>> the simplest you
>> can get away with is
>>
>> sources:
>>

> I appreciate the response.  This should get me started.  In the fedora
> setup, the 'sources' file for any RPM simply contains an MD5 has and the
> name of the source tarball 'software.tar.gz', so is there a Makefile
> somewhere that adds the magic for Fedora, like the lookaside cache URL,
> etc.?

I know how it used to work in the CVS days.
It's just a variable hardcoded in the Makefile that contains
http://somwhere.example.org/lookaside
and then the Makefile parses the "sources" file to get the file name.
The file is curl'd  and then
the md5 sum checked. ... It's about 4 lines longer than the  trivial
solution I gave.

I used to know where the Makefile was in CVS days but someone else
will now reply
as to where the git version is ... or if it now completely different.
   Steve.

> I have been searching through the code at
> https://fedorahosted.org/koji/, but haven't found anything so far.
>
> Also, if I needed to define my own source_cmd, are there variables (like
> package name, version, etc.) that I could use so that my uber-simple
> command might be something like:
>
> wget http://yourcache.example.org/${package_name}.tar.gz
>
> Thanks.  -A
>
> --
> Anthony - http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
> 8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E
>

> --

Steve Traylen