createrepo run after mock

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 21:48:23 UTC 2010

> I'm curious at what level folks would like the repo created. By that I
> mean do we:
> a) make one repo for the entire build (all arches)
> b) make one repo for each arch within each build
>
> The latter is mostly (apart from src and noarch subpackages) what the
> mock approach would get. However when this issue has come up in the past
> I definitely remember folks asking for the former.

What I want is, "I can easily install it from a scratch build."
The single repo makes this easy, but that is the only reason to care.
So if it were per-arch repos in subdirectories, that would be fine
if it's simple to have a '/$arch' on the end of a URL and it dtrt.

IOW, the innards really do not matter to the end user (me).
If some different innards have benefits for feeding into the
usual koji/newrepo/compose/whatnot stuff, rock on.

What I want is:

	yum install --kojirepo=scratch/roland/task_1234567 foo
	yum upgrade --kojirepo=packages/kernel/2.6.37/92.9.f22

and Just Make It Happen.  Plugins, scripts, one repo, arch repos,
do what you want.  Just make it easy to do the stuff that every
package maintainer winds up wanting to do all the time.

Thanks,
Roland