createrepo run after mock

Dennis Gregorovic dgregor at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 17:50:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 10:12 +0200, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 11:27 PM, Dennis Gregorovic wrote:

> >> repoquery --repofrompath and the yum tmprepo plugin.
> >>
> >> -sv
> >
> > I agree with Seth that there would be significant utility in having
> > repodata readily available for brew builds.  I suggest that for regular
> > builds the repodata live at /data/repodata within the package dir.  For
> > scratch builds, the repodata directory could live right inside the
> > task_123456 dir.
> >
> > I think Mike is right that if we do add repodata creation, having it on
> > the hub would make the most sense.
>
> We have a Koji hub plugin system now, which makes implementing this kind
> of post-build operation pretty simple.  I think the last time we talked
> about something like this, we were concerned about the load on the hub
> from constantly running createrepos.  However, I guess running a
> createrepo on a handful of packages won't cause a huge increase in load,
> and if it's really useful it's worth it.

Using a plugin would be handy if we want to store the repodata separate
from the packages.  Otherwise, we would need to add a mechanism to
upload the repodata back to the hub (assuming that the box running
createrepo doesn't have rw access to /mnt/koji).  However, adding some
generic routines for uploading content to the /data and /scratch
directories could be useful down the line.

-- Dennis