buildcapacity - # of builders

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Feb 26 12:02:40 UTC 2010

On 02/26/2010 12:43 PM, Doug Reiland wrote:
> Does it make any sense of run more one builder on a system or do you
> just control via host.capacity in the database?

You don't want more then one builder per node. You may want multiple
nodes on one hardware box through virtualization, but each node would
still only have one koji-builder.

You control the amount of labour the host can/may/will do through
host.capacity in the psql database, as well as the maxjobs setting in
/etc/kojid/kojid.conf (maximum 5 parallel jobs by default).

> On every package build completion does it trigger a createrepo event?

Not every package build completion triggers a newRepo task to be
executed. Only build tags in build targets need a repository to be
available within Koji itself. Should the build tag inherit the
destination tag of a successful build task, then of course a build task
completion does trigger the regeneration of the repository metadata, but
for the build tag (using/including the inherited packages and builds
from the destination tag).

Here's another scenario:

dist-f12 and dist-f12-updates are inherited by a dist-f12-build tag. The
dist-f12-updates build target uses destination tag
dist-f12-updates-candidate. So far, a successful build will not trigger
a newRepo task to be executed.

Some other system (or someone, manually) tags successful builds tagged
with tag 'dist-f12-updates-candidate' to 'dist-f12-updates', preferably
not one-by-one but per-the-bunch of course, which will cause a change to
occur in the inherited tags for the build tag - triggering a newRepo
task to be executed.

> Are my package builds serialized between createrepos?

I'm not sure what you mean by serialized, I'm sorry.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen