pungi error

Julian Aloofi julian.fedoralists at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 17 20:46:34 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, den 18.06.2010, 02:09 +0530 schrieb kala:
> Dear Friends
>
>                   I am trying to build a custom spin of fedora 12
> using pungi, and I am stuck at this error and I couldnt find a
> roundabout, please help me through it, i am pasting the error from the
> log
>
> ####log####
> yum.verbose.YumBase.DEBUG: using local copy of
> xml-commons-apis-1.3.04-3.5.fc12.i686
> Pungi.INFO: Finished downloading packages.
> Pungi.INFO: Making repodata
> Pungi.INFO: Running /usr/bin/repoview --quiet
> --state-dir /usr/share/odv3/repoviewcache --title "Opendiscovery 3.0 -
> i386" /home/nandhu/Desktop/3.0/i386/os
> Pungi.INFO: Running /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --product
> Opendiscovery --version 3.0 --release "Opendiscovery 3.0" --bugurl
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com --output /home/nandhu/Desktop/3.0/i386/os
> --mirrorlist
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-12&arch=i386
> --mirrorlist
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f12&arch=i386 /home/nandhu/Desktop/3.0/i386/os
> Pungi.DEBUG: Running buildinstall...
> /tmp/buildinstall.tree.MymJkK /tmp
> ./anaconda-12.46-2.fc12.i686.rpm already exists and appears to be
> complete
> /tmp
> Building images...
> Assembling package list...
> Fri Jun 18 01:45:50 IST 2010 Expanding packages...
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
> repository: anaconda-mirrorlistrepo-1. Please verify its path and try
> again
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-12&arch=i386
> error was
> 14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
> ERROR: could not install packages
> Aborting instroot creation...
> Aborting buildinstall
> upd-instroot failed
>
> Pungi.ERROR: Got an error from /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall
> Pungi.ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
> repository: anaconda-mirrorlistrepo-1. Please verify its path and try
> again
>
> I am happy to provide any other info, but need to solve this
>
> with regards
> kala bharath

Looks like it can't connect to the repo for some reason.
Could you try defining the repositories in the kickstart file?
Like:

[...]
repo --name main_repo --mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-12&arch=i386
repo --name updates_repo --mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f12&arch=i386

%packages
[...]

Also, double-check whether your internet connection is working
flawlessly.
May as well just have been a temporary quirk, I sometimes get this when
doing a "yum update" as well.

Hope this helps,
Julian