yum / createrepo version for CentOS 5 builder

Jitesh Shah jitesh.1337 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:24:01 UTC 2010

..snip..

mergerepos is exiting with an error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/libexec/kojid/mergerepos", line 229, in ?
>    main(sys.argv[1:])
>  File "/usr/libexec/kojid/mergerepos", line 224, in main
>    merge.write_metadata()
>  File "/usr/libexec/kojid/mergerepos", line 205, in write_metadata
>    mdgen.doRepoMetadata()
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/createrepo/__init__.py", line
> 789, in doRepoMetadata
>    rp.getPrimary(complete_path, csum)
>  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/sqlitecachec.py", line 42, in
> getPrimary
>    self.repoid))
> TypeError: Parsing primary.xml error: attributes construct error
>
> I'm assuming this is because of the new sha256 checksums introduced a
> release or two back.

This might be related or not, but a while ago I was grappling with the same
error in mergerepos. The conclusion was that mergerepos couldn't handle
certain unicode (or some random encoding. don't remember) which createrepo
can handle. I manually ran the mergerepo command run by koji and looked at
the the primary.xml file generated. Removing the packages that did
unicode/random-encoding Provides/Requires solved the problem.

Jitesh

> Jonathan
>
> --

Run away from difficulties to stand to fight them tomorrow.

http://aterriblewasteoflife.blogspot.com
http://nothingtechnicalaboutit.blogspot.com