rebuild an rpm

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Fri Mar 19 16:43:57 UTC 2010

On 03/19/2010 11:31 AM, Nathan Blackham wrote:
> That won't get re-uploaded to the DB though will it?

No, but apart from that the build should be the same. Generally for this
sort of testing I think that's the right answer.

If you really must test with non-scratch builds, then yes, you must bump
the release. NVR uniqueness is a database constraint. The only way to
dodge it is to not import the result (hence my scratch build suggestion).

Bumping the release is not terribly difficult and can be scripted pretty
easily. I have such a script if you decide you need one.