koji troubles building

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 04:48:48 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I know a few of you have helped me with my buildout of koji over the
past couple weeks. Thank you all for your help!  I've been making good
progress on the buildout until last night, when I got stuck with a
very interesting problem. At this point, I've searched high and low,
and done everything I can think of to address this problem. I'm still
stuck here, 24-hours later, with no solution.

After a good 6 hours of work, I finally got all of the dependencies
working for a build of a tool called 'pydf'. A colorized version of
df, written in python. I recently added it to Fedora's koji.

When I attempt to build this rpm from a src.rpm, I get through all of
the deps. It seems about the time that mock is to write data to the
chroot is when things start to break. The machine I am running is
Fedora 15, x86_64, fully updated as of tonight. Koji is setup to only
build x86_64 rpms.  Everything is on just one machine for now.

$ koji -c ~/.koji/config-goose build dist-g6 rpmbuild/SRPMS/pydf-9-3.el6.src.rpm
..snip..
  865 buildArch (pydf-9-3.el6.src.rpm, noarch): open (kojibuilder1) ->
FAILED: BuildError: error building package (arch noarch), mock exited
with status 1; see build.log for more information
  0 free  1 open  0 done  1 failed
864 build (dist-g6, pydf-9-3.el6.src.rpm): open (kojibuilder1) ->
FAILED: BuildError: error building package (arch noarch), mock exited
with status 1; see build.log for more information
  0 free  0 open  0 done  2 failed

When I look at the logs, the most interesting is the 'mock_output.log'

State Changed: setup
ERROR: Exception(/mnt/koji/work/cli-build/1306989306.986684.cIQpcXny/pydf-9-3.el6.src.rpm)
Config(dist-g6-build-116-205) 0 minutes 1 seconds
INFO: Results and/or logs in: /var/lib/mock/dist-g6-build-116-205/result
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 491, in <module>
    def do_buildsrpm(config_opts, chroot, options, args):
  File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 794, in main
    do_rebuild(config_opts, chroot, args)
  File "<peak.util.decorators.rewrap wrapping __main__.do_rebuild at
0x01F9EB90>", line 3, in do_rebuild
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py",
line 70, in trace
    result = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 463, in do_rebuild
    chroot.build(srpm, timeout=config_opts['rpmbuild_timeout'])
  File "<peak.util.decorators.rewrap wrapping mock.backend.build at
0x01F8EB90>", line 3, in build
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py",
line 70, in trace
    result = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mock/backend.py", line 530, in build
    gid=self.chrootgid,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mock/backend.py", line 449, in doChroot
    shell=shell, *args, **kargs )
  File "<peak.util.decorators.rewrap wrapping mock.util.do at
0x01F895F0>", line 3, in do
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py",
line 70, in trace
    result = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mock/util.py", line 292, in do
    preexec_fn = preexec,
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 672, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1202, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Everything above the 'Status Changed: setup' appears to be normal.

Some things that were suggested to me in #koji.
- SELinux permissions. Currently in permissive mode.
- The user is not in the mock group - all users allowed to use koji
are in the mock group (clints,kojibuilder to be exact)

I cannot see any reason this is failing, so I am hoping to find some
insight here. Also, I should note that I did run across some abrt
dumps which looked interesting and will be happy to post, if desired.

Thank you all for your continued help. I sure hope this issue is
easier to solve than it currently looks.

Cheers,

Clint