Mock 'Directory not empty' error during --clean

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 20:11:52 UTC 2011

On 03/08/2011 11:06 AM, Greg Trahair wrote:
> I thought this originally, but the NFS server is setup with
> no_root_squash already (netapp equiv - root=<host>).
>
> I've worked-around the problem by just using a local disk, but does
> anyone else use mock buildroots on NFS?

I've used nfs for a lot of things, but I'm having trouble seeing the
value for buildroots. They're not really all that big and local drives
are generally faster, so why bother?

Nfs has always been flaky and finicky. Could be that some race, or
alternately caching is causing the rmdir call to incorrectly fail
because something still thinks those deleted files are in there. If so
you might try tweaking the mount options (noac perhaps?) or try a
different kernel.

Is it 100% repeatable? Is it always the same directory that fails to
remove? Is the remainder always the same.

When it does happen, does a second mock --clean continue to fail repeatedly?